Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bib-style Tank Top (Simplicity 2892)


I loved how Simplicity 2892 turned out. There was a lot of gathering involved, and also some hand sewing, but I love doing both of those. I do not enjoy putting in zippers or buttonholes, and this tank had neither of those, so I'm happy! 

I think this is a cute summery style, and the weight from the three layers of fabric in the yoke make it seem more substantial and dressy than some breezy summer tanks. 
The inside is nicely finished when the yoke lining is hand sewn down. I always feel like I get a lot more use out of my garments that are nicely finished inside - I guess because they hold up so much better when washing, rather than turning into a frayed mess. 

Please see my complete review of this pattern at pattern review

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Can I order one? ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to AMAZE me... what a great top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a very pretty job, Lisa! Your blog is fabulous and am looking forward to more stuff. I nominate you for a "One Lovely Blog" award! You can pick up your award at http://drheathermath.blogspot.com/2009/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank youfor taking the time to comment!